Sunday, April 12, 2015

Cutting for quilts...

 I started cutting for multiple quilts.  These are quilts that I have had on my list to make for a while.  Summer will be here shortly and I don't have a/c in my sewing room so it gets rather hot up there so I sew downstairs during the summer months.  I have several quilt that I want to work on along with a few UFO's.  If I get them cut and ready now then that will cut down on the mess of bring everything downstairs and cutting this summer.  This way I can just grab something and sew.  Here are a few things that I am cutting for...

Jacob's Ladder and a Churn Dash.  I've made both but want to do them again.  The Jacob's Ladder is going to be in navy/dark blues and cream.  Not sure how big it will be but I am just going to cut until I run out of those shades that I want to use.  The Churn Dash block in the photo is one that I made a month or so ago.  It is a 6" block.  Those easily cut out from 2.5" strips.  Actually I cut a few of them out today but I am thinking that I will use a jelly roll that I have.  I've been putting off cutting the jelly roll but I think I will use it anyway. 
 This is my progress on my Orange Peel blocks and I also cut out several more to prep.  I am doing most of this cutting out of my scrap basket except for the navy for the Jacob's ladder. 
 Here is my second Churn Dash block...
 I'm also cutting more Windmill blocks.  These are cut from 2.5" strips too.  I am cutting a lot of my scraps into 1.5", 2", and 2.5" strips as that seems to be a lot of what I use. 
 I am also cutting out more hexies when I find a piece of fabric that I can't cut in strips but I can get hexies out of it. 
 Lots of cutting and prepping for the summer months.

I made a few more bows.  These are actually tiny as Addison's head is very tiny!  LOL!  She can't even wear the newborn headbands that you buy in the stores.  Chantal has a couple of preemie bands that fit her but the bows swallow her head so I made a couple smaller ones.  :) 
 Oh, I can't leave without a pic of my baby girl.  :)  Addison Brooklyn Cline.  They came home on Friday as I had to go for a visit.  :)  Mom picked me up yesterday and we went for another visit.  LOL!  Good thing that Addison only lives a mile away.  :)
 That's all for now....Richard is working so I will spend the day with my precious boys and maybe sneak a visit in with Addison too.  :)


6 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

She's so adorable ... and soon she'll be outgrowing those preemie bows! Enjoy that little sweetie while you can! ;-)

Deb A said...

Prepping is the key to getting things done! Just think in just a few months you'll be wishing for cool as you sew downstairs. Great projects on the go... Love the fabrics in your peels. You have such a great stash to choose from. Addison is adorable. Hope Chantal is taking it easy like the doctors say - it make a big difference if she doesn't do too much the first two weeks other than baby care.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

good to think ahead of time for when you know your sewing room will be hot. baby is so cute - precious nice that your sister is so close by you can visit and help when needed.

Renea said...

How big of squares do you cut for your Orange Peel blocks? I was gifted the peels already made! Lucky me! Your quilts are always an inspiration.

Janet O. said...

Very smart to get things ready to sew when the heat sets in. I love every one of your projects.
Oh, that little gal looks so precious. What fun to have her so close and be able to visit whenever you please. : )

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

She is so sweet. Congrats to the new parents and to her Auntie!