Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Getting some sewing done....

 I finished up Step 1 of the Grand Illusion quilt today.  :)  I'm happy to be starting it out on a good note and hopefully I can stay on track with it. 
 I had plans for sewing today.  I had an early morning.  I got Andrew up for work at 3:30am, Richard up for work at 4:30am and Hunter up for school at 6am.  :(  I had this pot of chili finished for supper tonight by 5:30am!  :)  After Hunter left for school I took a nap for a few hours on the couch.  I put on a load of laundry and headed upstairs to sew.
 Maybe from lack of attention or just being sleepy, I sewed a bunch of my sets together wrong.  :(  I got a call from my good friend and neighbor Kay so I put her on speaker phone and picked out the stitches as we talked.  I just love her too death!  I am 42 and she is in her 60's and she has kids my age but we have so much in common. it is always a joy to talk with her, she always makes me laugh.  She is a knitter but is in the process of making a log cabin table runner and is having a few issues with it so I will try to help her.  You can see in this photo that I sewed them the wrong way.  :(
 I did end up getting them all finished!  Now I will put them away and wait for the next step.  Meanwhile, I have some other sewing to do before Christmas. 
 I have several bins set up on my sewing table behind my machine that holds pieces for my Omigosh quilt.  This quilt has so many tiny pieces and will take me a long time but I figure I can work on them a little at a time.  I did sew some of the 1" strips as leader/enders while working on my Step 1 of the mystery. 
 I also ended up with 2 more of my windmill blocks.  This takes me up to 69 of them....slowly but surely! 
 My MIL ended up coming and staying with us Thanksgiving night so I did a little handwork on my hexies while talking to her and also while waiting for her to get up the next day.  I ended up getting several of them finished and even more of them prepped.  I now have 109 of these sets finished. 
 I still need a few more hundred of these sets, but they do look pretty all stacked up.  :)
 Last but not least....meet Zeralyn DeShea Hope.  :)  My sister's best friend, Crystal had her baby girl yesterday.  Crystal and my sister have been best friends for around 20 years.  Crystal actually lived with my mom and sister for over 10 years so she is like a sister to me....so Zeralyn is like a niece to me.  :)  Isn't she a cutie?  She is just a few hours old in this photo. 

This is Crystal's first child and her mother passed away in October so she is named after her.  Crystal's mom's name was Zera.  One of her middle names is DeShea and that is after my sister as that is her middle name.  :)  One nice thing is, my sister is also pregnant and she is also having a girl.  She is due in April so these baby girls will probably be best friends too.  :)
Kristie

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

I really like your interpretation of Bonnie's colors. They look so warm and inviting!
Aren't those windmills fun to make? I love how quickly they come together.
That cute little baby girl doesn't look too thrilled to have a camera focused on her--or maybe the headgear is too tight. *LOL* She looks like a sweetheart!

traditional_quilter said...

Wow you have been busy. I finished my first step for grand illusion mystery but never got any extra sewing done. Your fabrics/colors look great! Adorable little girl! Have a great day!

Michelle said...

Good job completing the first step of the mystery! I'm not quite done yet...but hopefully before Friday!! The baby is adorable!

Deb A said...

Wow! I don't know how you manage all you do with the lack of sleep! Great job on the mystery.... I am printing them out but don't think I can handle doing them right now. I might start it in February... we'll see.