Saturday, December 28, 2013

Sewing my fingers to the bone....

 I've been in my sewing room for the past couple of hours sewing!  I popped in the movie Lawless and got to work.  In the photo below I just have it all pinned onto my design wall but I now have all 56 blocks sewn into rows and will probably assemble the rows later this evening.  I have also been auditioning border fabrics too. 
 I had one fabric in mind for the border the whole time and then once I put it up on the design wall, I instantly knew that it wasn't going to work.  It just looked....blah.  

The pattern is called, 4 Patch Flip.  It is one that I've made several times in the past.  I like it really well, it is easy and goes together really quick.

I hope that I can get the borders sewn on tomorrow after Church and call it done.  I've also been working on my Bonnie Hunter mystery during this too.  I'm using it as my leader/ender for this project.  After I get this 4 patch flip top completed, I will finish getting caught up on my mystery quilt.  :)

Here is a photo that I took the other day of Mammy.  She is 4 1/2 months now and weighs right at 51 pounds.  She is usually bouncing off the walls all day long but for once she was being really still and played with her little pet (a stink bug) for about an hour.  LOL!  If you look close in the photo it is right by her paw.  She loved it.  :) 
 I guess I had better get dinner finished.  Andrew is at a friends house playing music and will be home soon.  Richard is on his way home from town as he had to run to Tractor Supply for dog food.  Hunter and I are watching Frankenweenie as I type this.  :)  
Kristie

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

My goodness, I feel like a real slouch when I see all you have accomplished. Looks like a good pattern for a quick finish.
Mammy is getting to be a big girl!